Cancun boasts more than 12 different dive sites, featuring an underwater museum, reefs, and diverse marine life. Join us today!
- Person USD $175
Swimming with whale sharks in Mexico
Whale sharks are considered to be the biggest fish in the ocean, growing to an average size of 20-30 feet and as much as 50 feet.
But despite their massive size and enormous mouths that can open up to four feet wide, these filter feeders eat only plankton which makes them harmless to humans.
Each year, from May to September, hundreds of whale sharks migrate to Cancún to feed and breed in the warm waters.
Come with us on this trip as we travel to 35 miles to Punta Sam to see these magnificent creatures.
We guarantee that swimming with these gentle giants is an unforgettable experience, and quite simply one of Cancún’s must-do activities.
- All snorkeling equipment & life vests
- Boat charter
- English-speaking guides
- Continental Breakfast
- Lunch & Refreshments
- Round-trip transportation to Punta Sam from our dive center
What to Expect
- All you have to do is make a reservation and everything will be taken care of for you. Everything from boat charter, snorkeling equipment, to snacks are provided; all you have to do is show up!
- Snorkeling with whale sharks is an incredible experience but we should not neglect safety, yours and these gentle creatures’. We recommend maintaining a minimum distance of 5 m from the whale shark. It is not advisable to wear sunblock (both chemical and biodegradable), tanning lotion and other oils that might be harmful to them.
- Although whale sharks are the main attraction on this tour, you will also see a variety of marine creatures such as dolphins, rays, and sea turtles.