Take a dive through the Car Wash cenote in Tulum, Mexico and see turtles, small crocodiles, roots, and fallen trees.
- Cancun: 6 a.m. – 3 p.m
- Riviera Maya: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Certified Diver | From Cancun USD $248
- Certified Diver | Riviera Maya USD $205
Scuba dive through a chain of loops!
Temple Doom, also called Calavera, which means skull in Spanish, is the first cenote that you will come across when you journey on the Coba Road, just five minutes from Tulum.
The intimidating name of this cenote is associated with the three circular openings, located on the roof of the cave that resembles the eyes and mouth of a skull from a top view.
This cenote may appear small from the surface but it widens as you descend further below. Exploring this cenote involves diving in a chain of loops around the main area of the cenote and heading your way up with each loop.
- All scuba equipment & tanks
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Transportation from our facility to the Cenote and drop-off at your hotel (within Cancún hotel zone)
What to Expect
- This diving trip is not for the faint of heart as the journey begins with a long walk to the cenote and entails a 3-meter/10-foot jump from the ledge into the mouth of the skull.
- After taking that brave jump, you’ll find yourself immersed in greenish fresh water. As you descend, you’ll see a line that will lead you to the start of the permanent cavern line at a depth of 6 meters/20 feet. Following the line will bring you deeper down the side of the Talus cone until you hit 16 meters/53 feet from which you make your way around the entire cenote. You will appreciate the beauty and complexity of the Temple of Doom as you complete several loops of the cenote.
- Find yourself mesmerized by the light beams that penetrate down the skull openings to shed light on the cavern walls and formations. Seeing the multilayered halocline is also another fascinating highlight of the dive.
- Experienced divers looking for a challenging and fun diving adventure are welcome to join us on this exhilarating trip. We only accommodate up to four divers at a time per instructor to focus more on our clients’ needs and security.
Shuttle Service Information
Pick-up & drop-off schedule & locations vary on where you stay.
- Pick-up at 6 a.m. at the Always Diving facility
- Playa del Carmen: Pick-up at 7 a.m. at your accommodation
- Cozumel: Pick-up at 7:30 a.m. at Playa del Carmen ferry pier
- Riviera Maya: Pick-up at 8 a.m. at your accommodation