Dive with bull sharks in Mexico! This advanced dive is perfectly safe and offers an amazing opportunity to connect with nature.
- Certified Diver USD $258
Dive Into The Pit!
No doubt about it! One of the best dives in a life of diver! It is a surreal experience!
The Pit is a giant sinkhole found in the Dos Ojos park in Mexico. It is best described as a long vertical drop with the deepest known cave entrance in the area located at 120m/400ft.
However, we don’t dive deeper than 43m/140ft. in a multilevel dive.
At a depth of 40-60 feet, there is a change in water density due to the mixing of saltwater with freshwater.
The ceiling of the cavern has many stalactite formations that have captivated many divers. When you reach around 27m/88ft, you’ll see a cloud-like layer of hydrogen sulfide gas.
- All scuba diving gear
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Leave from and return to our facilities
What to Expect
- This amazing sinkhole is located inside a jungle and is a favorite destination of experienced divers because of its unique and impressive elements. As you dive your way there, you’ll have to pass a steep and narrow entrance which makes the experience both challenging and exciting. The pit stretches deep below the astonishing cloud formation and narrows into the darkness to up to 135 feet where you’ll need to bring out your flashlight. The dancing light beams that penetrate the cavern during sunny days create a beautiful mystical aura that astounds divers. This dive is bound to be an unforgettable adventure that you add to your accomplishments!
- After diving in The Pit, we’ll have fun on another scuba expedition in a nearby cenote where the depth is shallower than the former.
- This diving package is best suited for advanced divers who want to explore intriguing and challenging locations. We take safety very seriously. Prior to each dive, we conduct safety briefings to ensure that are divers feel secure and confident in the water. We want to give you the best diving experience and to do that, the scuba gear also has to be the best. The scuba equipment and tanks provided on this trip are top-of-the-line and are in excellent working condition.