Scuba dive at the Angelita Cenote in Mexico, dive into a sinkhole and encounter an underwater river, plus pottery and fossils.
- Cancun: 6 a.m. – 3 p.m
- Riviera Maya: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Certified Diver | From Cancun USD $248
- Certified Diver | From Riviera Maya USD $205
See turtles and the occasional small crocodile
The Car Wash cenote, also called Aktun-Ha, is located 8 km outside of Tulum on the road to Coba.
The entrance to the cenote is easily accessible to divers since the level of the water is just a few inches below ground level.
With a depth of 50 feet and a water temperature of 78 °F, this cenote is surrounded by rich flora and fauna from water lilies to turtles and occasional small crocodiles.
The impressive display of speleothems (stalactites, stalagmites, and columns) never fails to draw the attention of divers. If you look closely, you’ll also see some pottery and fossils lying around.
- All scuba diving gear
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Transportation from our facility to the Cenote and drop-off at your hotel (within the Cancun hotel zone)
What to Expect
- This cenote gives divers the opportunity to experience upstream and downstream dives. The upstream dive with its large chestnut colored columns is a more popular route that leads divers through a water path of roots and fallen trees. Divers are treated to a fascinating display of light that penetrates through the roots.
- During the summer, there is a build-up of algae cloud at the surface due to the decomposition of the plants. The water might appear murky in the first few meters but it clears out as you descend to reveal an amazing view below.
- The Car Wash cenote does not have a permanent guideline because it is frequently used for cavern and cave diving training sessions. Your guide is expected to place and remove a guideline during the dive.
- We value the importance of quality service and high safety standards that’s why we only bring up to four divers at a time per instructor.
Shuttle Service Information
Pick-up & drop-off schedules & locations vary on where you stay:
- Cancun: Pickup at 6 a.m. at the Always Diving facility
- Playa del Carmen: Pick-up at 7 a.m. at your accommodation
- Cozumel: Pick-up at 7:30 a.m. at Playa del Carmen ferry pier
- Riviera Maya: Pick-up at 8 a.m. at your accommodation