Explore the Temple of Doom cenote and scuba dive in a chain of loops around the main area of the cenote near Tulum, Mexico.
- Cancun: 6 a.m. – 4 p.m
- Riviera Maya: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Certified Diver | From Cancun USD $215
- Certified Diver | From Riviera Maya USD $175
Scuba through a cave with stalactites & stalagmites
Dream Gates features a cave with thousands of amazing stalactites and stalagmites which may be visited all year round.
The cenote has a depth of 1-6 m/3-20 feet; visibility of 50-80 m/164-262 feet; and an average water temperature of 26 °C or 79 °F.
This dark cavern requires excellent diving skills and the use of diving torchlight to illuminate the dark surroundings.
- All scuba diving gear
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Transportation from our facility to the Cenote and drop-off at your hotel (within the Cancun hotel zone)
What to Expect
- Dream Gates Cenote is comprised of a series of shallow horizontal caverns that start and finish at the same place. It has two permanent cave routes, one of which leads upstream and another downstream. Inherently different from one another, they can both be accessed in either direction (clockwise or counterclockwise).
- The upstream cavern line starts and ends at the platform and naturally adorned by thousands of beautiful and intricate formations. During the descent, divers may encounter unique fish species like the ghost fish, blind cavefish, and the albino. At the heart of the cavern zone is an air dome with an astounding display of stalactites dangling from the ceiling; passing through the water surface and reflecting in it.
- This phenomenal cenote is so incredible that it was featured on the BBC documentary Planet Earth: Caves on Yucatan.
Shuttle Service Information
Pick-up & drop-off schedules & locations vary on where you stay:
- Cancun: Pick-up at 6 a.m. at the Always Diving facility
- Playa del Carmen: Pick-up at 7 a.m. at your accommodation
- Cozumel: Pick-up at 7:30 a.m. at Playa del Carmen ferry pier
- Riviera Maya: Pick-up at 8 a.m. at your accommodation