Scuba the Dream Gates Cenote near Cancun, featuring a cave with thousands of amazing stalactites & stalagmites which may be visited year-round.
- Cancun: 6 a.m. – 3 p.m
- Riviera Maya: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Certified Diver | From Cancun USD $205
- Certified Diver | From Riviera Maya USD $170
Explore the Dos Ojos Cenote Dive!
Cenote Dos Ojos has two cavern entrances, resembling the shape of a pair of eyes which refer to two cenotes that converge into a large cavern system.
This diving location is located 48 km south of Playa del Carmen, 10 km south of Akumal, 12 km north of Tulum, and 1 km south of Xel-Ha.
It has a maximum depth of 10 meters/33 feet, with an average year-round water temperature of 25 °C or 77 °F making it ideal for exploring.
- All scuba diving gear
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Transportation from our facility to the Cenote and drop-off at your hotel (within the Cancun hotel zone)
What to Expect
- The two caverns of Dos Ojos start and end in the same place but they have unique qualities that differentiate them from each other. The elaborate cavern system which was first explored in 1987 ranks among the top 10 longest cave systems on earth. It currently leads up to 28 different cenotes, with over 80 kilometers of underwater roads discovered, some of which go as deep as 120 kilometers. The number of cenotes of Dos Ojos may still rise since it still has many areas waiting to be unraveled by adventurous divers.
- In the olden days, the Mayan referred to this breathtaking underwater location as a sacred well. Centuries have passed but the people continue to be mesmerized by this phenomenal diving location with intricate caves and underground rivers that have been existing for nearly 7,000 years. Divers who venture into these waters are privy to elaborate and unique ecosystems with a rich landscape filled with rocky stalactites and stalagmites.
- Our two-tank dives feature the exploration of cenote cavern sites appropriate to the skill level of our guests. We limit our trip to a maximum of four divers at a time per instructor to be able to closely supervise our divers and maintain their safety underwater.
Shuttle Service Information
Pick-up & drop-off schedule & locations vary on where you stay:
- Cancun: Pick-up at 6 a.m. at the Always Diving facility
- Playa del Carmen: Pick-up at 7 a.m. at your accommodation
- Cozumel: Pick-up at 7:30 a.m. at Playa del Carmen ferry pier
- Riviera Maya: Pick-up at 8 a.m. at your accommodation