Scuba dive the Tajma Ha Cenote and enjoy the outstanding light effects and halocline tunnel with impressive stalactite and stalagmite formations.
Chac-Mool Cenote Dive
Cancun & Riviera Maya
- Cancun: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m
- Riviera Maya: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Certified Diver | From Cancun USD $189
- Certified Diver | From Riviera Maya USD $118
Scuba dive at the popular Chac Mool cenote
Chac Mool is a popularly visited cenote located just south of the Puerto Aventuras entrance, between Playa del Carmen and Akumal.
It has two water entries that lead to the same rooms where divers can enjoy two-tank dives.
With a maximum depth of only 47 feet, Chac Mool is an ideal diving location for scuba divers as the cenote presents a myriad of exciting and riveting adventures for divers to enjoy such as underwater passages and halls that reveal an array of natural wonders like halocline, light show, fossils, and larger-than-life stalactites.
- All scuba diving gear
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Transportation from our facility to the cenote and drop-off at your hotel (within the Cancun hotel zone)
What to Expect
- Chac Mool offers a unique and surprising dive beginning with the first room which is a large area penetrated by a spectacle of sun rays from the opening.
- The second room has a partially collapsed ceiling under an air dome that divers can use as a surface area to appreciate stunning stalactites.
- Divers will encounter trunks and branches that reach into the water as they venture into the opening of the main entrance.
- Divers can also look forward to witnessing the phenomenal halocline, where salt and fresh diverge resulting in captivating visual effects.
- On a sunny day, the descent will treat you to an amazing light show attributed to the refraction and reflection of light as it hits the water.
- This cenote is accessible throughout the year with an average air temperature between 25-30 °C/77-86 °F and an average water temperature of around 24-25 °C/77 °F.
- Just imagine a dive where the conditions are no waves, no current, and 5,000 ft visibility. (This is for real!)
- To ensure that our clients receive the best possible service, we limit our trips to a maximum of four divers at a time per instructor.
Shuttle Service Information
Pick-up & drop-off schedules & locations vary on where you stay.
- Cancun: Pick-up at 6 a.m. at the Always Diving facility
- Playa del Carmen: Pick-up at 7 a.m. at your accommodation
- Cozumel: Pick-up at 7:30 a.m. at Playa del Carmen ferry pier
- Riviera Maya: Pick-up at 8 A.M. at your accommodation