Scuba dive at the incredible Dos Ojos Cenote near Playa del Carmen and explore this sacred Maya location with its amazing rock formations.
- Cancun: 6 a.m – 3 p.m
- Riviera Maya: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Certified Diver | From Cancun USD $189
- Certified Diver | From Riviera Maya USD $118
The Taj Mahal of scuba diving
The early explorers of Tajma Ha formerly called this place Taj Mahal because the exquisite cavern reminded them of the unique beauty of Taj Mahal in India.
The name was later changed by the Maya to Tajma Ha since Ha translates to water in Mayan.
This cavern is nestled 5 km/3 miles south of Puerto Aventuras on Highway 307, with a two-mile dirt road that leads you 10 minutes into the jungle of the Riviera Maya.
Highlights of this cavern include outstanding light effects and halocline tunnels with impressive stalactite and stalagmite formations.
- All scuba diving gear
- Lamps & underwater flashlights
- English-speaking guides
- Bottled water
- Breakfast & lunch
- Transportation from our facility to the Cenote and drop-off at your hotel (within the Cancun hotel zone)
What to Expect
- Our special two-tank dive in Tajma Ha cenote is perfect for adventure seekers who find thrill and fulfillment in exploring caverns. Although the cenote is a great year-round diving location, it becomes more interesting from March to September because of its spectacular display of light beams penetrating the Points of Lightroom. It’s a magical light show unlike no other and to see it with your own eyes is a privilege by itself.
- The journey brings you to three areas with amazing light effects plus an ethereal halocline tunnel adorned with countless stalactite and stalagmite formations. During one point of the dive, you will have the chance to surface in the Sugar Bowl where there are sightings of the Motmot, referred to as the sacred Maya bird, with its bright blue and chestnut color and soft whooping call. You’re also bound to see many fossils in the walls and ceiling of the cavern so be extra attentive to your surroundings.
- Our highly experienced and professionally trained instructors will safely guide you through the cavern. We never take more than four divers at a time per instructor to give you a more personalized tour. Please take note that divers need certification to enjoy this diving trip.
Shuttle Service Information
Pick-up & drop-off schedules & locations vary on where you stay:
- Cancun: Pick-up at 6 a.m. at the Always Diving facility
- Playa del Carmen: Pick-up at 7 a.m. at your accommodation
- Cozumel: Pick-up at 7:30 a.m. at Playa del Carmen ferry pier
- Riviera Maya: Pick-up at 8 a.m. at your accommodation